Thread: Acf?

Question Acf?

Hello world! I have recently downloaded the Armoured Combat Framework addon for gmod, from links provided in this video: ACF -- Download / SVN - YouTube

Everything works fine, except I have found a load of missiles and bombs in the models directory which are not used in game at all.
    I have seen these missiles and bombs used in a video, so I know they're are not there for show.

If anyone could provide me with some information on the subject, I would be grateful.

- mrB

Default Re: Acf?

Isn't ACF still relatively new and under heavy development? The models are probably already finished but have yet to be implemented with the addon's functions. If they don't give you a way of choosing the models front-end then you have to go into the source code to use them as entities. Since they have an enormous separate model pack that's a feature that's likely to appear in some future updates.
    My brain's last firmware update got corrupted. Now I can only see in base 7.

Add me on Steam. and get new friends for a change

And keep track of my somewhat relevant screenshots for fun things mostly but not entirely in gmod!

The square root of 763,932,023 is 27639.32023

Bombs and missiles were included in the initial release but have since been removed due to balancing issues. Not sure if Kaffouille is working on implementing them again or not, but until then, they're just models.

I messaged a guy on the development of ACF via youtube. Here's what he said:

ACF does not have missiles in it at this time. Kafouille removed them when he began to re-code the bullet calculation stuff about a year back. Back in the day, every bullet was its own entity, which put a lot of strain on the server at high rates of fire or numbers of weapons fired, which is what prompted a more or less complete recode of ACF. Anyway, there's no deadline as to when missiles are gonna be back, but they're definitely in the works.
    Only guess we can wait.

I'm having issues with ACF, I have the missiles, but when I spawn it, it comes out as those red ERRORS. Same thing happens to wiremod stuff, everything. They are both installed in addons folder.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GoogleSplat View Post
    I'm having issues with ACF, I have the missiles, but when I spawn it, it comes out as those red ERRORS. Same thing happens to wiremod stuff, everything. They are both installed in addons folder.
    Make sure WM is installed correctly. Try to not bump threads this old without adding anything ground breaking, though.

Thank you! (not a bump)