Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Virtual Pond E2

Cool Virtual Pond E2

Similar to my Fish Tank of Awesome, except this time the fish don't swim in circles and they are free to roam in any suitable body of water. They don't need feeding, and cannot be influenced via chat.

They come in random (limited) sizes and colors, and will actually swim in the water! They will turn in their paths, naturally, and will choose another direction if they see an obstacle, (basically they won't swim through land and stuff.)

Once you spawn the chip, it will measure the area around it to see if it is large enough to house fish, and will delete itself and say (EXACTLY like a player in the chat would) why the area isn't suitable.

You can customise some things inside the E2, like how many fish are created when you place the E2. Just don't set the number of fish to 0, the chip will most likely commit suicide once it learns it's existence is meaningless. However, this uses a lot of tracer functions, so keep the amount of fish low.
    Keep in mind that all the fish created with this chip will appear to swim in time with one another (they will spread out and act on their own, but they will only change direction every so often, synchronized with the rest.) so you may want to half the amount of fish you intend to add to the water, and spawn 2 chips instead.

This adds beauty to the 'naked' maps like construct, and looks really sweet in more detailed maps like the latest mobenix.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Virtual Pond E2-gm_construct0074..jpg   Virtual Pond E2-gm_construct0069..jpg   Virtual Pond E2-gm_construct0076..jpg   Virtual Pond E2-gm_construct0079..jpg   Virtual Pond E2-gm_construct0073..jpg  

Virtual Pond E2-gm_construct0068..jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Spoon God; 03-01-2010 at 04:33 PM. Reason: Pictures

Default Re: Virtual Pond E2

Images, vid? anything?

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Ame View Post
    Images, vid? anything?
    _EDIT_
    Just uploaded some pics from construct.
    Last edited by Spoon God; 03-01-2010 at 04:34 PM.

Nice concept, but maybe you could make the fish look a little better? Lol, just an idea. Anyways, it's really cool. :P
    Leader of build group Mechanical Minds, AKA [MM].

You should make the fishies like this amazing contraption from Shanjaq: (this has got to be my most favourite contraption I have seen on wiremod)

http://www.wiremod.com/forum/contrap...aur-lives.html

I often spawn that cute fishy monster on servers But good work on your e2.

Quote Originally Posted by Sycoslicer View Post
    Nice concept, but maybe you could make the fish look a little better? Lol, just an idea. Anyways, it's really cool. :P
    At least they look like fish :P
    I actually want to work on making the tails swish as they move, like in my fish tank, but i'm really busy with exams at the moment.
    If people like this enough, I guess i could add fins and what not to the fish...

Someone also suggested I make it so you can fish them out with a fishing rod, but i'm not sure wether to do that or not since it would cause a lot of complications. EDIT: I DID IT!
    Last edited by Spoon God; 06-02-2010 at 08:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Paper Clip View Post
    You should make the fishies like this amazing contraption from Shanjaq: (this has got to be my most favourite contraption I have seen on wiremod)
    -video removed for space-

I often spawn that cute fishy monster on servers But good work on your e2.
    Thanks for the suggestion but to me that just looks like a prop with an itchyosaur attached that launches itself at players when underwater, it barely fits in with this imo.

Haha I love your chip's response to N==0

goluch

nice.
    Stalking..

Quote Originally Posted by mattwd0526 View Post
    Haha I love your chip's response to N==0
    Heh, took me a while to find the right color for *DEAD*, still don't think it's perfect.
    Just incase anyone is wondering, the RGB for the name of someone in the chat (the bit highlighted in yellow) if you don't have anything that changes that color is (255,255,100).
    (Ragdoll Keyframer) (Awesome Heads) (Fish Tank) (Virtual Fish Pond) (Fishing Rod) (Crap) (Sparkle) (Airboat Tank V2.0) (Balls of Rubber V2.0) (Bomb Truck) (Nuke Cannon) (Jet)
    If my computer is online, you can see all my new stuff at my E2 page.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast