Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Improved Wiring Tool

Default Re: Improved Wiring Tool

Quote Originally Posted by lawl View Post
    make it smart, for example if im wiring a input that wants type entity, only list entity outputs. it would take a minute to add, and would be awesome
    That's what my suggestion was. Made it a while ago.

I think that it should automatically choose a same name combination, so if you name your E2 inputs the same as the output on what you are wiring to, such as "JumpTarget" on the hoverdrive, you would click the E2, choose the correct input, then when you click the hoverdrive, it will auto-highlight JumpTarget, because they are the same name. You still have to confirm the choice, so you could wire it anywhere you wish onto it, just make it highlight the same name choice.

Quote Originally Posted by N00bDud3 View Post
    I think that it should automatically choose a same name combination, so if you name your E2 inputs the same as the output on what you are wiring to, such as "JumpTarget" on the hoverdrive, you would click the E2, choose the correct input, then when you click the hoverdrive, it will auto-highlight JumpTarget, because they are the same name. You still have to confirm the choice, so you could wire it anywhere you wish onto it, just make it highlight the same name choice.
    That was also my suggestion I made a while ago lol.

Yes you did. I just elaborated a bit more, and instead of graying out certain inputs based on name, my suggestion would just start the selection on the output of the same name, allowing you to clearly see other options.

Yes you did. I just elaborated a bit more, and instead of graying out certain inputs based on name, my suggestion would just start the selection on the output of the same name, allowing you to clearly see other options.
    Yeahh. which was exactly what my suggestion was a while ago.. :|

Quote Originally Posted by mattwd0526 View Post
    I don't know if anybody else gets this, but when I was using the old advanced wiring tool, it sometimes had certain common names like "Button" start with a lower case letter. When you tried to select them, no green box appeared around them. Is this just me, can this be fixed, or has this been fixed with this tool?
    I have no idea where that bug came from or if it's fixed.
    My guess was that it's a garrybug somewhere in the NWvars system.

anyway, I didn't use any networked vars here, so it should not occur.

Quote Originally Posted by Ehmmett View Post
    Can you make the slider (For wire contraint width) go all the way to 0.
    done
    r2011: [wire_improved] The wire width slider now goes down to 0.

btw, you could have just entered a 0 in the textbox. that would have worked too.

Quote Originally Posted by Vbitz View Post
    Good Idea, i personaly never use the advanced wiring tool exepet when i am wiring a e2. also maybe a derma config menu would be a good idea.
    masochist!

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman271 View Post
    How about a wirer that selects inputs/outputs based on where somewhere is looking instead of clicking? I know this is going to be in wire2, but I want it now.
    that is a dumb idea. chips are way too small for this

wire2 is a failed experiment, btw

Quote Originally Posted by lawl View Post
    make it smart, for example if im wiring a input that wants type entity, only list entity outputs. it would take a minute to add, and would be awesome
    that definitely takes more than a minute, but it's already on the todo list anyway...

good idea, putting it on the todo list
    EDIT:
    r2011: [wire_improved] Now selecting an output with the same name as the input, if there is any.
    Last edited by TomyLobo; 01-08-2010 at 12:05 AM.
    "It's easy to win forgiveness for being wrong; being right is what gets you into real trouble." - Bjarne Stroustrup

"[...] god is an ever-receding pocket of scientific ignorance [...]" - Neil DeGrasse Tyson

When wiring to something with one output with the improved tool, it still needs confirmation.

Using the scroll wheel without lag makes selecting so much faster and easier.
    I'm glad you created this new tool.

Quote Originally Posted by Sodaplayer View Post
    When wiring to something with one output with the improved tool, it still needs confirmation.
    Yes, I know. I'm not sure if I should change that...
    "It's easy to win forgiveness for being wrong; being right is what gets you into real trouble." - Bjarne Stroustrup

"[...] god is an ever-receding pocket of scientific ignorance [...]" - Neil DeGrasse Tyson

I like the confirmation when working with a bunch of gates, it makes it easier to tell which gate I clicked on, and if it is the correct one to wire. Leave the confirmation even for 1 output gates.

noobdude I made it so it shows the output(s) before selecting the 2nd entity. It also highlights the (single) output in green if the next click is going to wire it up.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast